25 years ago, we began our pioneering journey transforming the Indian retail landscape, whole-heartedly believing in rewriting rules and retaining values.
Today, our deep footprint across India and landmark growth is testament to our enduring values.
- April 2011 – KB’s Fairprice celebrates opening its 200 stores in India
- May 2011 – Future Supply Chains becomes ISO certified
- Future Group launches its telecom brand T24 in partnership with Tata Teleservices to provide additional loyalty benefits to its customers.
- Future Group launches products in key FMCG categories through Sach, a brand co-created with Sachin Tendulkar.
- Future Group connects over 4000 small and medium Indian manufacturers and entrepreneurs with consumers.
- Future Group celebrates its first Shopping Festival across all retail formats in key Indian cities.
- Future Innoversity starts its campuses in Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Kolkata to offer degree programs through a tie-up with IGNOU.
- Future Group partners with Hong Kong-based Li & Fung Group to strengthen its supply chain and logistics network across the country.
- Future Capital Holdings becomes the second group company to make a successful Initial Public Offering (IPO) in the Indian capital market.
- Big Bazaar crosses the 100-store mark, marking one of the fastest expansions of the hypermarket format anywhere in the world.
- Total operational retail space crosses the 10 million square feet mark.
- Future Group acquires rural retail chain Aadhar from the Godrej Group, which has a presence in 65 rural locations.
- Future Group crosses the $1 billion turnover mark.
- Specialized companies in retail media, logistics, IPR and brand development and retail-led technology services become operational.
- Pantaloon Retail wins the International Retailer of the Year award at US-based National Retail Federation convention in New York, and Emerging Retailer of the Year award at the World Retail Congress held in Barcelona.
- Online portal Futurebazaar.com becomes India’s most popular shopping portal.
- Future Capital Holdings, the group’s financial arm, is formed to manage over $1.5 billion in real estate, private equity and retail infrastructure funds.
- Home Town, the home building and improvement products retail chain, is launched along with consumer durables format Ezone and furniture chain Furniture Bazaar.
- Future Group enters into joint venture agreements to launch insurance products with Italian insurance major Generali.
- Future Group forms joint ventures with US office stationery retailer Staples.
- Future Group moves beyond retail and acquires a stake in Galaxy Entertainment, Indus League Clothing and Planet Retail.
- Future Group sets up Kshitij, India’s first real estate investment fund, to build a chain of shopping malls.
- Future Group launches India’s first seamless mall, Central, in Bangalore.
- Food Bazaar, the supermarket chain is launched.
- Future Group launches three Big Bazaar stores within a span of 22 days in Kolkata, Bangalore and Hyderabad.
- Future Group enters modern retail with the launch of the first 8000-sq. ft. store Pantaloons in Kolkata.
- Future Group launches John Miller, a brand for Formal shirts.
- The Pantaloon Shoppe, Future Group’s exclusive menswear store in a franchisee format is launched across the nation. The company starts distribution of branded garments through multi-brand retail outlets across the nation.
- Pantaloon Retail India Ltd makes an Initial public offer (IPO).
- BARE, an Indian denim brand is launched.
- The company is incorporated under the name of Manz Wear Private Limited.
- Pantaloons, one of India’s first formal trouser brands,is launched.